Sunday, December 14, 2014

12 Days of Avatar (TLA) : #12


#12 The Storm

Original air date: June 3, 2005




"I know it's meant to be this way. The world needs you now. You give people hope."

Merry Christmas Everyone! To celebrate the most wonderful time of the year I decided to write about one of the most wonderful shows of all time Avatar. 12 days or now 11 (sorry I’m late) of the best Avatar episodes (in my opinion).

Before I start. Here are some things to keep in mind.
  1. The series fine is not included in this list. Because obviously it would get the top spot and with so many other best avatar countdowns I want to bring some episodes that are underrated.
  2. I will try to do one a day. Probably a paragraph long.
  3. I would love to hear your opinions on the episodes! So please comment!


For many, this is the episode that transition Avatar from a average Nicktoon into something much more substantial in terms of story and narrative. For me, this was always relevant in the series and  The Storm was not an epiphany like it was for many others. However, this is still a fantastic episode in the first season. The parallels between both hero and villain are insightful and tragic for both of these characters.  The guilt that Aang feels for leaving his people and the emotion and literal scars that Zuko bears is told with such dignity and beauty. It is an episode that reminds us that the past does not have to define us but more of how we react to it  is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment